Our Annual Meeting, held at the Italian Community Center on June 15 – along with a virtual option – was a great morning of impactful presentations, panel discussions and announcements, highlighted by the awarding of the BHCG Paul Purcell Leading Change Creating Value Award. From all reports, it was the most compelling annual meetings in our 19-year history.
This year the BHCG Leading Change Creating Value Award was renamed to honor the late Paul Purcell, the former chairman, president and CEO of Baird, who was instrumental in making BHCG’s mission a reality. BHCG’s strong CEO support is a crucial component of our success and Paul used his considerable influence with his fellow C-suite colleagues and the community to spur BHCG growth and support its major initiatives.
Baird’s Global Chief Human Resources Officer Rodney Jones-Tyson presented this year’s Award to John R. Raymond, Sr., MD, president and CEO of the Medical College of Wisconsin. Dr. Raymond was recognized for his outstanding community leadership, clear and transparent communication and guidance during the challenging coronavirus pandemic. It is a well-deserved honor for Dr. Raymond!
- A discussion of BHCG’s transformational realignment of the health care system utilizing Centivo’s high-performance, primary care-centered health plan model
- Three panel discussions providing insights from a variety of viewpoints about how BHCG is reimagining health care to benefit all stakeholders:
- Perspectives from C-Suite representatives of BHCG member employers about the critical importance of BHCG’s drive to improve the value of health care in the state to make it a great place to do business
- Viewpoints from human resource leaders about how BHCG membership can enhance employers’ efforts to win at employee recruitment and retention
- Insights from BHCG member employer representatives and health care providers into how BHCG is using data to drive health care value and share it with health care systems and provider groups to help improve physician performance.
Thank you to our title sponsor Centivo and to our exhibitors Navitus Health Solutions, Quantum Health and Artemis Health. I would also like to recognize current and retiring Executive Steering Committee (ESC) members Teri Carpenter of Rockwell Automation and Jim Sheeran of Molson Coors Beverage Company along with the Greater Milwaukee Business Foundation on Health for their generous support over the years.
The BHCG website contains a variety of materials from the meeting for your review including slide presentations, a meeting video recording, an executive summary, handouts and a photo gallery. Please feel free to share these materials with colleagues.
Don’t Forget: On Course for the Clinic – August 18
We still have openings for both sponsors and golfers for our fifth annual golf outing to benefit Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers on August 18 at Ironwood Golf Course. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or to register to golf, please contact Joleen Hohl at 262-875-3312 x2 email@example.com or sign-up now!
If you have questions or would like more information about BHCG, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-875-3312 X1.