Navitus Health Solutions: A Winning Formula
Navitus Health Solutions, BHCG’s best in class strategic partner for pharmacy benefit management, recently released their 2022 Drug Trend & Insights Report. As in past years, the 2022 report demonstrates how Navitus is outperforming the PBM industry on several key metrics for all its clients:
- Commercial clients saw just a 2.6 percent average increase in Net Total Cost¹ PMPM trend from 2021 to 2022
- Forty-nine percent of Navitus commercial clients saw their net drug spend decrease compared to 2021
- Decreased unit costs helped to manage total specialty trend to a modest 3 percent PMPM increase for commercial clients
- Modest utilization growth (1.7 percent) in the non-specialty space, offset by a reduction in unit cost (-2.6 percent), led to a negative overall PMPM trend (-.9 percent) in 2022.
BHCG member employers saw a similar strong performance from Navitus in managing their pharmacy benefits in 2022. In aggregate, member employers:
- Had a Net Total Cost PMPM decrease of 1.47 percent (nine clients had a negative trend)
- Received more than $6.4 million in rebates in 2022 which was $152,000+ more than they would have received, had their contract limited the rebates strictly to the guaranteed rebate amount.
The 2022 Drug Trend Report Executive Summary is available for review. To learn more about how your organization can gain control over your pharmacy spend, contact BHCG Executive Director Jeffrey Kluever at 262-875-3312 X1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
¹Net total cost includes total cost paid by plans and members minus manufacturer rebates