In 2018 our organization’s executive leadership, with assistance from outside experts, embarked on a strategic planning process to define the direction of the organization for the next three to five years. The strategic plan’s goal is to improve health care value for our member employers, their employees and dependents, and the community at-large.
BHCG’s initiatives over the next three to five years will focus on two core elements:
- Analytics to identify high and low value providers and services; and
- Informed guidance to motivate patients to consume (and providers to supply) only necessary, high value services
We believe these core elements will have a significant impact on improving health care value.
Analytics: The analytics component allows us to identify high value providers and to enter into dialogue with health systems about adopting more effective practice patterns and value-based pricing. The first step in this process has already begun with BHCG’s engagement of GNS Healthcare, a leader in health care artificial intelligence (AI). GNS, utilizing the comprehensive database from Wisconsin Health Information Organization (WHIO), will employ their technology to help BHCG and its strategic partners understand how and where the best care is delivered so that we can continue our mission of improving health care value.
The success of the study is impacted by the breadth of the WHIO database. We are encouraging all claims administrators who have not already done so to consider submitting medical and pharmacy claims data to WHIO to contribute to this important initiative’s success.
Informed Guidance: Armed with data identifying high value providers, our member employers can help individuals make good choices so they consume only necessary, high value services. Guidance can come from a number of different places, including our best-in-class strategic partners:
- UnitedHealthcare – medical plan administration
- Best Doctors – informed decision making
- Navitus Health Solutions – pharmacy benefit management
- Quantum Health – consumer navigation and care coordination
- Welldoc – diabetes management
Our strategic partners and regional health systems/physician groups have committed to work collaboratively to increase the value of patient care. The newly formed Strategic Partners User Group will meet to:
- Identify and collaborate on opportunities to drive engagement and improve health care value.
- Align objectives and employ data to engage consumers and improve health care value and outcomes.
We are in active discussions with several other organizations to develop additional partnerships, further adding to the value of BHCG membership.
Please do not hesitate to contact me at 262-875-3312 x1 or jkluever@BHCGWI.org if you have questions or would like to learn more about BHCG.