Date(s) - 08/28/2019
9:00 am - 11:00 am
BHCG’s Delivering Value Series is designed for employers, their advisors, providers and other health care and benefits stakeholders to gain in-depth knowledge about the value of BHCG membership and innovative employer solutions in BHCG’s portfolio. Attendees will learn how BHCG’s partnerships with industry leaders address the most pressing benefits issues today and bring real value to member employers.
Please Join Us!
Health Insurance Options for Part-Time or Low Income Employees
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Access to health care through adequate and affordable health insurance coverage is key to improving the health and well-being of individuals and our community. While most employers offer health insurance to their full-time employees, they struggle to identify health insurance options for part-time or low wage employees. Lack of health insurance can lead to poor health outcomes and financial instability for employees, resulting in productivity and turnover issues for employers.
The Milwaukee Enrollment Network, convened by the Milwaukee Health Care Partnership and Covering Wisconsin, is a public/private coalition of nearly 100 organizations working together to support the enrollment of individuals in public and private insurance Their focus is on low-income, vulnerable populations in Milwaukee County. Representatives from these organizations will share insights about how to help employees gain health insurance coverage.
This program will:
- Identify types of uninsured or underinsured employees who may benefit from Marketplace or public health insurance options
- Provide an overview of Marketplace, BadgerCare Plus and other public insurance options
- Explain how employees can learn more about their options, get assistance in applying for other health insurance options and learn how to use their insurance most cost-effectively
- Joy Tapper, Executive Director, Milwaukee Health Care Partnership
- Caroline B. Gómez-Tom, MSW, Director of Patient and Community Engagement, Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers
Ascension SE Wisconsin at Mayfair Road
201 North Mayfair Road
Fifth Floor, Conference Center
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Wednesday, August 28
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
And mark your calendar for future events in the Delivering Value Series. The events are open to anyone and free to attend.
For more information, please contact Jennifer LaMere at jlamere@BHCGWI.org or 262-875-3312 x3.