Date(s) - 09/25/2019
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Briggs and Stratton Auditorium
Please Join Us!
Look Before You Leap:
Understanding Your ERISA Fiduciary Duties & Other Hot Topics in Benefits Law
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Recent lawsuits have caused many benefit professionals to reexamine their fiduciary duties under ERISA and take steps to minimize their risks. This informative session will walk you through:
- How to identify if you or your colleagues are ERISA fiduciaries under your health plan
- What fiduciary duties apply under ERISA
- Ways to minimize the risks created by those duties
This program will also address other hot topics in benefits law including:
- How coupons apply to your prescription drug program under new federal rules
- Whether you can legally exclude expensive specialty prescription drugs and gene therapy treatments
- What uses employers may have for the new health reimbursement arrangement regulations issued in June 2019
- How to stay legally compliant with your open enrollment communications and notices
Attorney John Barlament, a partner in the Employee Benefits group of Quarles & Brady LLP, and a noted national speaker and author on these topics.
Briggs & Stratton Auditorium
12301 W. Wirth Street
Wauwatosa, WI 53222
Wednesday, September 25
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m.
BHCG’s Delivering Value Series Symposiums are open to anyone and free to attend.
If you have specific questions relative to these topics that you would like addressed during the program, you are welcome to submit your questions in advance to Jennifer LaMere at jlamere@BHCGWI.org or 262-875-3312 x3.