Please Join Us Virtually on August 31!
Hot Topics in Benefits Law
Roe v. Wade Overturned – Implications for Employers
The overturning of Roe v. Wade has resulted in many different effects in various areas of American life. One of those areas is for employers and their group health plans.
This program will examine many of the questions employers are wrestling with, including:
- Can employers be considered to have illegally “aided or abetted” an abortion if they pay for the abortion? Or pay for travel expenses for the abortion?
- Will state abortion laws be preempted by ERISA?
- If an employer pays for an employee’s travel for abortion care in another state, is this benefit taxable or nontaxable?
- How can an employer (and its TPA and PBM) verify whether this coverage is illegal? Must they look at it on a state-by-state basis?
- Will certain plan designs avoid dealing with these state-by-state issues?
- Will prescription drug plans now need to limit their coverage of abortion-inducing drugs?
Attorney John Barlament, an attorney and shareholder at Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, and a noted national speaker and author on employee benefits topics.
Date & Time:
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
9:00 am – 10:30 am CDT
Virtually via Zoom. Prior to the meeting you will receive an email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Business Health Care Group Delivering Value Series Symposiums are open to anyone and free to attend. Please forward this invitation to others you think may have an interest in joining us.
If you have specific questions relative to this topic you would like addressed during the program, you are welcome to submit your questions in advance to Jennifer LaMere at jlamere@BHCGWI.org or 262-875-3312 x3.
Registration is closed for this event.