Please Join Us Virtually on September 21!
Consolidated Appropriations Act Compliance
Broker/Consultant Compensation Disclosure Rules
Many employers are aware of the Consolidated Appropriations Act (CAA) of 2021 and some of the new requirements it imposes on them. One area of the CAA, though, has not received as much attention as it deserves: broker and consultant compensation disclosure rules.
This new obligation applies to vendors who provide certain “brokerage” or “consulting” services to employers. Congress wanted employers to have more information about what payments their health plan vendors receive.
Join us at this symposium where we will do a “deep dive” into this new CAA requirement. You will learn about:
- Fiduciary obligations of plan sponsors and how the new CAA broker/consultant rule changes ERISA requirements
- Why Congress enacted the CAA
- How to determine if what you are receiving is sufficient
- What liability do you have if you do not obtain the required information
- How to re-evaluate your broker/consultant contracts
- Why it is a positive development for employers
- Darren Fogarty, Executive Director, Committee for Fee-Only Benefits Advisors
- James Gelfand, President, The ERISA Industry Committee (ERIC)
Date & Time:
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
9:00 am – 10:30 am CDT
Virtually via Zoom. Prior to the meeting you will receive an email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Business Health Care Group Delivering Value Series Symposiums are open to anyone and free to attend. Please forward this invitation to other employers you think may have an interest in joining us.
If you have specific questions relative to this topic you would like addressed during the program, you are welcome to submit your questions in advance to Jennifer LaMere at jlamere@BHCGWI.org or 262-875-3312 x3.
Registration is closed for this event.