2017 was a highly successful year for the Business Health Care Group on many fronts, highlighted by strong membership growth and retention of all self-funded member employers. Member employers were added in both southeast Wisconsin and in our relatively new expansion area of northeast Wisconsin. We couldn't be more pleased by the membership growth we have seen over the past year and the momentum it provides us as we take up new and exciting initiatives in 2018.
The table below identifies the self-funded employers who joined our organization throughout 2017 and those that joined effective January 1, 2018.
|Almon, Inc.||Associated Banc-Corp.|
|American Metal Technologies, LLC||The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc.|
|Bemis Manufacturing Company||Goodwill Industries of North Central Wisconsin, Inc.|
|Inlanta Mortgage, Inc.||Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc.|
|Krones, Inc.||Kohler Co.|
|Nordco, Inc.||Reinhart Partners, Inc.|
|Oldenburg Group, Inc.|
|Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry Company|
Our strong growth in 2017 builds momentum for continued member employer growth in 2018. The wheels are already in motion for a substantial boost in our membership numbers throughout 2018 and for January 1, 2019. Our increasing membership extends our leverage and purchasing power, allowing us to continue to lead change and create value. Review the press release.
Priorities for 2018
Combining the vision and leadership of our C-Suite Steering Committee with the active involvement from our Executive Steering Committee, we have set out an ambitious agenda for 2018. Some of our initiatives include:
- Renegotiation of the Master Services Agreement between BHCG and UnitedHealthcare to reflect the evolving relationship between our organizations and additional initiatives, programs and services we offer BHCG member employers
- Negotiation of a new contract with OptumRx, UnitedHealthcare's Pharmacy Benefit Manager division to create a new and transformative pharmacy management partnership for member employers
- Development of a three- to five-year strategic plan for the organization
- Launch of a pilot project with UnitedHealthcare affiliate, UMR, to offer BHCG membership to UMR customers at no cost
- Development of additional marketing campaigns — one to help employers communicate to their employees the importance of having a primary care physician, and the other to assist employers in managing change and gaining buy-in for benefit and health plan changes
- Promotion of the services of our informed decision making vendor, Best Doctors, with a new video, among other communication tools
2018 is looking to be a very busy and exciting year for our organization. I look forward to working with our member employers and strategic partners as we continue to push our organization to new heights and accomplishments.
As always, do not hesitate to contact me at 262-875-3312 x1 or jkluever@BHCGWI.org if you have questions or would like to learn more about BHCG.