BHCG offers numerous meetings, events and forums throughout the year for our member employers and various stakeholders to learn from industry experts. Events also allow member employers networking opportunities to share best practices, strategies and lessons learned.
Delivering Value Series Symposiums
The 2019 Delivering Value Series consisted of six symposiums where attendees learned how BHCG’s partnerships with best in class strategic partners and industry leaders address the most pressing benefits issues today and bring real value to member employers.
Attendees learned about leading services and strategy from several of our best in class strategic partners including:
- Quantum Health – single point of contact care coordination, navigation and patient advocacy services
- Navitus Health Solutions – transformative pharmacy benefit management aligned with employer needs
- UnitedHealthcare – medical plan administration featuring a competitive and broad network with high value provider identification
In addition, attendees heard:
- About Ascension Wisconsin’s plans to collaborate with employers to use analytics to increase health care value
- From Milwaukee Enrollment Network about how employers can help low income and part-time employees gain health insurance coverage
- Attorney John Barlament explain employers’ ERISA fiduciary responsibilities and discuss other current topics in benefits law
Judging by the feedback we received, the six symposiums this year achieved their stated goal. Attendees gained valuable insights into the most pressing health care and benefits issues today and how to address them.
Executive summaries along with presenters’ slides are available for each symposium on the BHCG website.
Statewide Physician Value Study Results
BHCG and our member employers are committed to purchase high value health care. To that end, BHCG, with generous support from the Greater Milwaukee Business Foundation on Health (GMBFH), commissioned a study by GNS Healthcare – a leading provider of artificial intelligence (AI) applications in health care – to evaluate the value of care provided by physicians throughout Wisconsin.
Wisconsin executive health care leaders gathered to attend three presentations in the Milwaukee, Madison and Wausau areas on December 4 (Milwaukee & Madison) and December 5 (Wausau) to hear the results of the first BHCG/WHIO/GNS Healthcare Physician Value Study.
This important study, which will be replicated in 2021, was intended to support health system performance improvement and inform employer benefit program design to support better health care decision-making, particularly with respect to the steerage of patients to higher value (high quality and low cost) providers. A summary of the study's results are available on the BHCG website.
We conducted our organization’s annual meeting, moving it from the Fall in previous years to a winter date – January 23, 2019. The meeting, entitled Game On, was conducted in the atrium of the then-brand new Fiserv Forum. The meeting focused on our organization’s membership growth, new employer solutions from our best in class strategic partners, our recently formulated strategic direction and costs results from our three-year ongoing relationship with UnitedHealthcare.
The Leading Change, Creating Value Award was presented by BHCG’s Executive Steering Committee Member Lisa Mrozinski of Baird to the Sixteenth Street Community Health Centers for its commitment to provide high quality health care, health education and social services for residents of multi-cultural neighborhoods, as well as its dedication to the complete health of the individual and overall health of the community.
Insights from industry experts and member employers
Representatives of BHCG member employers gathered to learn from industry experts and each other about topics related to health care and benefit offerings. The Benefits Forum meets at various member employers’ locations throughout the year. In 2019 industry experts shared insights concerning the following topics:
- Review of Welldoc - a BHCG best-in-class strategic partner - and their diabetes management product
- Roundtable discussion by member employers concerning wellness initiatives and results
- UnitedHealthcare updates concerning new products and Premium designation quality and outcome results
- UnitedHealthcare Virtual Health Plan performance review for 2018
- Review of UnitedHealthcare's Advocate 4Me customer service unit
Thank you to our member employers for hosting several meetings and events this year.