Self-funded employers - both large and small - participate in BHCG to positively impact the cost and quality of health care in our state.
BHCG membership exceeds 200,000 covered lives in the 22-county region of eastern Wisconsin and nationwide through standalone memberships for employers accessing BHCG best in class strategic partners.
Best Doctors Results – Empowering Health Care Consumers
Best Doctors, now a part of Teladoc Health, has been BHCG's informed decision-making vendor since 2012, offering a real solution for the problem of medical uncertainty for the most complex, critical and costly cases. Best Doctors connects employees and dependents facing medical uncertainty with more than 50,000 world-renowned medical experts across 450 specialties and sub-specialties.
BHCG member employers have access to an ever-growing portfolio of core and optional services at significantly reduced rates.
Key BHCG case statistics for 2020 included:
- 90 percent of respondents gave Best Doctors the highest customer satisfaction rating possible
- The program’s expert medical consultation services indicated diagnosis changes or clarifications were recommended in 58 percent of cases and treatment changes or clarifications were recommended in 84 percent of cases
- BHCG member employers saved nearly $2 million in 2020
Navitus Health Solutions – Outstanding Cost Results
Navitus Health Solutions’ unique approach to pharmacy benefit management combines financial performance, demonstrated service and clinical excellence with a 100 percent pass-through business model that aligns incentives with the best interests of our member employers.
Navitus has proven to be a game changer for member employers. Using its administrative fee only model featuring complete transparency, unbiased formulary recommendations and lowest net cost, Navitus has produced superior cost savings.
Key Pharmacy Spend Statistics
- Savings Continue Year After Year: One BHCG client achieved savings of $602,412 in its first year with Navitus and $712,129 in its second year, for a two-year cumulative savings of $1,314,541. Overall, clients experience sustained, long-term savings, including PMPM costs lower than the industry average, year after year.
- Navitus Five-Year Net Cost PMPM: Clients saved 12-15% year-over-year compared to the industry average for the last five years resulting in cumulative savings of $61.44 PMPM.
- BHCG Clients' PMPM Costs: BHCG clients achieved a PMPM of $76 in Q1 of 2020, significantly lower than the industry average of $93.